Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Happy feat

Because I was accompanied by my two sons, I came home from a southern Californis odyssey with blisters on my feet and joy in my heart.

*

The steak at Morton's in Anaheim, where the waiters wear tuxedos and the customers wear T-shirts, was among the best I have ever had. I did have to take out a loan to pay for it, however.

*

In today's geezer class, which was about Julius and Ethel Rosenberg, it was noted that your children, even when they are in their 30s, 40s, or beyond, still seem like children to you. How true.

*

Today's lesson in how to feel dumb: You complain to a bank officer that the ATM machine isn't working right because it won't accept your bank card. Then she examines that card and tells you your AAA membership card is stuck to the back of it.

*

"When I was 17, Dwight Eisenhower was president, Elvis Presley was king, and James Dean was God." That's the opening sentence of a novel I was going to write. I never did get around to the second sentence.

No comments:

Post a Comment